Saturday, December 15, 2012

I Suck At Holiday Parties

Tonight was my BFF's (Kerry) birthday. Happy birthday Kerry!

Tonight also happened to be Kerry's annual holiday party. Now, I suck at holiday parties. This was not just any annual holiday party. Tonight was Kerry's 10th annual holiday party... and according to Kerry, her last holiday party.

So in a way, this was Kerry's annual holiday party to end all holiday parties. And for a final farewell party, I had a great time.

Of course, I was a bit late to the party. I ran a quick errand to Staples to pick up some batteries, which would be free after getting Staples Rewards. Little did I know, when I did arrive to Kerry's party, I would be the topic of conversation.

The topic was about coupons and my apparent obsession with them. Personally, I don't think I have an obsession. I happen to enjoy items that are free. And most of the items that I get for free are a means to an end.

For example, prior to tonight's party I made a trip to my local Target. I needed to reach $50 at Target to get a $10 gift card. It just so happens that I could get floss for free thanks to some coupons. Now, I don't technically need floss. But in this case, the floss was my means to an end. I needed to purchase $50 worth of items, and the floss helped me do that... and after coupons they were free. So they served a purpose by helping me get that $10 gift card.

For anyone curious, I didn't keep the floss. I gave them to my mom who was watching my kids tonight while Karen and I attended the party. She also ended up with some deodorant... which was another topic of discussion because I haven't been as diligent in finding a new home for the free deodorant. Sadly, Karen and I have about 12 things of deodorant. Even if Karen and I do smell and stink up the joint, that's still a lot of deodorant to go through.

Needless to say, my friends got some big laughs over my coupon abilities. Joining in on the festivities of Kerry's party were my friends (Marc, Kelley, Cass, Ellen, Garv, Leeann, Andrea, Samantha, Steve, Jen, and Hot Amy) and my favorite sister-in-law (Janine). It was definitely good to see everyone. I had a good time.

Karen is still threatening to write a blog about living with me and my seemingly bizarre habits, which was another topic of discussion. I'd definitely be curious to read that. So we'll see if that ever comes about.

Anyway, it was a nice party to end all holiday parties. Hopefully Kerry had a good time and enjoyed her birthday.

4 comments:

Ashraf said...

Great Blog....
hi4vision.com/

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

north face jackets, nike roshe run, vans shoes, rolex watches, ugg boots, ugg boots clearance, north face outlet, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, ghd, canada goose jackets, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, herve leger, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, p90x, babyliss pro, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc, instyler, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ugg pas cher, beats by dre, mcm handbags, birkin bag, ugg australia, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, uggs, chi flat iron, ugg, bottega veneta, canada goose