Sunday, May 20, 2012

I Suck At The Avengers

Avengers assemble!

Today has been quite the busy day. After all, today is election day for the town of Norwell. The biggest item on the ballot, other than my name... and my ego, is the budget override. For anyone curious, in Massachusetts, a statute known as Proposition 2.5 (two and a half) was passed in 1982. The statute gets its name from the maximum percentage that a municipality is allowed to increase its annual taxes by. Thus, a municipality cannot increase its annual taxes by more than 2.5 percent. And naturally, there is a way to circumvent that statute. That method: an override, which allows the town to increase the percentage over 2.5%.

For those who are interested, the override did end up passing. More taxes = fun! And as a side note, I apparently did win for my bid to be a library trustee. Go me. So in terms of the library, I guess the override will help make my elected position a little easier. Although truth be told, the library is like the Rodney Dangerfield of Norwell. It gets no respect as evident from the fact that it is the only department that had its budget slashed away at by the Selectmen. No other department had that done. I'm guessing none of the three Selectmen use the public library. Hopefully the newly elected Selectmen will.

Anyway, voting aside, my parents sprang a little surprise on me today. Calling me bright and early in the morning, my parents invited my family to dim sum. My relatives have been visiting for the week. As it was their last day here, they wanted to go out for some dim sum. And like I enjoy saying: you win some, you dim sum. Or maybe it's: you dim sum, you lose some? Eh, whatever.

As the dutiful son, I naturally had to go. And nothing is more relaxing than getting a two year old daughter and a two month old daughter ready to go at the spur of the moment. Fun fun. We ended up eating dim sum at the Grand Chinatown located in Quincy. The food was good. I enjoyed it a lot better than the China Pearl, but I may be biased only because my two year old daughter (Briana) had her 100 day party there. Don't ask. The worst part was finding parking there. Who knew it would be so busy there on a Saturday?

When dim sum was over and my duty was fulfilled, I headed back home only to spend what seemed like hours mowing the lawn. Luckily for me, my friend (Marc) came just at the right time. Incidentally, my friend (Christine) also had stopped by a few minutes before Marc. I didn't get to chat much with Christine, but she was coming from some party somewhere nearby and decided to drop off some Tupperware. I didn't get the full scoop. I'm sure Karen would know better than me.

Marc and I, however, had plans for the night. Those plans: the Avengers. Now, I suck at the Avengers. Okay, so maybe not really. It was definitely fun hanging out with just Marc tonight. It was like a geekfest, considering the fact that we both enjoy comic books and things of that nature.

For me, it was also the first time I got to watch any movie in 3D. And no, I don't consider the Hannah Montana concert that I watched in 3D a movie. And yes, I watched the Hannah Montana concert because my niece (Kaleigh) wanted to watch it. (Sure, I did.) I must say, IMax 3D is pretty neat.

Needless to say, the movie was awesome. Of course, how could it not be? Joss Whedon of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame directed the movie and wrote the screenplay. He can't do any wrong... even if he created Dollhouse. Plus, it's the Avengers! Earth's mightiest heroes!

All in all, it was a good busy day. I definitely had a blast eating at Bertucci's for dinner again for the second straight day and watching the Avengers with Marc. The geekfest was a nice way to end the night.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hooray on becoming an elected official. Can we start making fun of you for being one of those no do gooder politicians now? Seriously that is awesome. My mom was a library trustee for years so let me know if you want me to make a breakfast and have the two of you over so you can chat.

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban

oakleyses said...

north face jackets, nike roshe run, vans shoes, rolex watches, ugg boots, ugg boots clearance, north face outlet, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, ghd, canada goose jackets, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, herve leger, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, p90x, babyliss pro, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc, instyler, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ugg pas cher, beats by dre, mcm handbags, birkin bag, ugg australia, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, uggs, chi flat iron, ugg, bottega veneta, canada goose