Saturday, March 31, 2012

I Suck At Work

Yesterday was somewhat of a sad day for me. Aside from not winning $640 million from the Mega Millions lottery, I was a little sad because after having only worked at my current place of employment for three months, I had given my notice two weeks prior which resulted in yesterday being my final day there. Yes, it's true. I suck at work.

There is, however, a long story behind my brief tenure at my current company. While working for my previous company located in Danvers, I had started job hunting when my manager was unceremoniously let go. It was my belief that office politics had more to do with my manager's dismissal than performance, but that is just my opinion. Needless to say, the writing was on the wall and I began looking for a new place of employment.

Shortly after my manager's dismissal, I landed a job with a local company in Norwell. After being offered the position, I was disheartened to find out that the position had been financially frozen. So alas, since the opportunity was no longer available to me, I went with Plan B which was to accept the offer from another company located in Weymouth.

It just so happened that my previous employer in Danvers laid me off around the same time I accepted the new position in Weymouth. Unfortunately, my previous employer beat me to the punch because I was set to deliver my resignation letter the same week they laid me off. Oh well. Needless to say, I felt pretty under-appreciated when the company laid me off after three years of service. But like I said, with my manager's dismissal shortly before, the writing was on the wall.

Anyway, my time at my current company in Weymouth has been fantastic. Everyone, including the President of the company, has been very supportive of me since day one which made leaving pretty hard. And really, it was a surprise to me that I would even be leaving the company after only three months. Had chance not intervened, I would most likely have stayed in Weymouth.

The company that I had originally received an offer from in Norwell had contacted me that the position was no longer frozen. As a result, the hiring manager had remembered me from my interview before and really wanted to hire me. As a result, they made an offer again. And after some careful deliberation, I accepted because the position seemed to be the better fit for my family.

Hopefully, I made the right choice. It's always tough to know until you experience it. The grass is always greener, right? I must say though, I have nothing but praise for the company in Weymouth that I am leaving. On my final day, my boss told me that I had a standing invitation to always return should things not work out. He praised my work and told me that they would even make a position for me if they had to. It was very nice to hear those kind words. And truth be told, it was very nice to hear that the company thought so highly of me and wanted me to stay. It was quite the contrary to the company in Danvers.

Although in defense of the company in Danvers, things were not always that terrible. When an entirely new management team took over, that was when things went downhill for that company in my opinion. Up until then, I had never seen an entire management team, and I mean everyone, turn over. It was very bizarre.

Anyway, hopefully I made the right choice. It was definitely sad to leave the company in Weymouth even if it were only three months. And I think it is definitely harder to leave when the company actually wants you to stay. Nevertheless, I do want to thank everyone at the Weymouth company for giving me the opportunity in the first place and for believing in me. I really do appreciate it. Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban