Friday, March 30, 2012

I Suck At Community

Last night, my friends (Marc, Kelley, and Andrea) came over for our weekly get together. Lately, we have been getting together on Thursday nights because the show "Community" airs Thursdays on NBC. It is must see tv after all, especially since returning from hiatus. Too bad I suck at Community. It's a fantastic show. And really, what is better than watching a show about a group of quirky friends than to get a group of quirky friends together to watch a show about a group of quirky friends? For anyone curious, last week's bit with both Michael Jacksons was hysterical.

Anyway, it was good to hang out last night and have some laughs. Laughs are alwas good. Among some of the topics of discussion that came up were Kelley's sister's wedding plans, the friend cycle, and of course the upcoming MegaMillions lottery.

For Kelley, I think her sister's wedding can't come soon enough. Kelley, and consequently Marc, have been a little stressed by the entire wedding planning, or more appropriately... lack thereof. I don't know how Kelley does it.

I don't remember how the friend cycle topic initially came about. It was something Andrea had mentioned about learning interesting facts. According to LiveScience, every seven years, your friends change. Naturally, Andrea looked back at when she started hanging out with Marc and Kelley and was curious as to what will happen... in seven years. Looking back myself, the friend cycle does seem interesting.

As for the lottery, it's always fun to dream about winning oodles and oodles of money. I think, like Andrea, if I won half a billion dollars, I would first start off paying off any and all loans. After all, who wants to start a luxurious life of a millionaire by being in debt? From there, I would go on a nice long vacation and take care of my family and friends (or those friends in my seven year cycle... just kidding).

All in all, it was great to hang out and watch "Community".