Sunday, October 16, 2011

I Suck At Where The Wild Things Are

It's always good to feel wanted. Yesterday, I had the pleasure of helping out my local library with their library card registration event. In fact, the children's librarian (Nancy) specifically asked that I help out again since I did such a great job last year.

For anyone curious, last year I helped out the library by dressing up as Hedgie the Hedgehog, a character from children's book author Jan Brett. This year, my role was to be the Wild Thing, from Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. Too bad I suck at Where the Wild Things Are. Wild Thing... you make my heart sing.

Needless to say, I had a great time. It's always a blast when you can make kids happy. The premise of the event is to get children involved with the local library by having them sign up to get library cards. In addition to the library card, there are other activities like face painting, coloring, pumpkin decorating, and of course... getting a picture taken with the Wild Thing.

Like I said, it was fun. There were three brothers there who absolutely loved the Wild Thing. In fact, one of them colored a scarecrow picture and gave it to me. I'm not sure, but he, if not one of his brothers, may have also decorated a pumpkin which was also given to me. I actually got a kick out of a comment one of them said to me... in that they were planning on taking me home with them. It was cute.

As the Wild Thing, I even got to get my picture taken for the local newspaper. I'm not sure, but that may be the first time I ever appeared in a newspaper. Sure, I was in costume... but at least I was in the paper.

Of course, the only drawback about the whole dressing up in costume thing was the heat. Wearing a big dome over your head can get mighty hot. I think the first bead of sweat that started pouring down my face happened after ten minutes. It was like a sauna in a suit.

All in all, it was a blast.

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban