Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I Suck At Birthday Parties For Kids

On Saturday, Karen, my nineteen month old daughter (Briana) and I headed off to the mean streets of Methuen. Our friends' (Kristine and Rick) son was celebrating his fourth birthday. I don't recall being invited the past three years of his life, but I guess that is what happens now when you have a nineteen month old daughter: you get invited to kid birthday parties. Too bad I suck at birthday parties for kids.

Needless to say, it was an interesting birthday party. Kristine and Rick were great. They rented a bouncy house. They invited friends and family. Their son's daycare friends were all there. Lots of kids. Lots of fun.

Of course, I couldn't help but wonder if this is how things are going to be now in that I'll have to rent a bouncy house and do all these elaborate things for my own daughter. I definitely wasn't planning on it.

And for anyone curious, Briana did not try the bouncy house. She preferred to look into the bouncy house and jump on the steps leading into the bouncy house, but not actually going into the bouncy house.

No comments: