Saturday, July 30, 2011

I Suck At Friday Night Lights

I originally was going to title this post "I Suck At Being Single" because Friday was supposed to be my last day of being single again. Every six months or so, Karen and I bring our wedding rings to the jewelry store for a cleaning/inspection as part of the warranty. In all the years I have been married, I never had an issue with my ring. But never say never because during the last inspection, the jewelry store discovered that one of my diamonds was chipped.

As a result, the jewelry store had to take my ring to replace the diamond. So I have been "single" ever since. I was supposed to receive my ring back on Friday. And might I add, the ring looked brand spanking new. It was quite shiny... and for those who know me, they know that I am attracted to shiny objects. Unfortunately, in fixing the loose stone in my ring, the jewelry store had to re-dip my ring back into metal. And in doing so, the original engraving on my ring was lost. They were supposed to re-engrave the ring, but unfortunately they had forgotten to. Consequently, my ring had to be sent off for engraving. So I'm still single.

Naturally, what does a "single" guy do on a Friday night? What else but watch Friday Night Lights. Too bad I suck at Friday Night Lights. I have no idea if the show is still on. I happened to borrow the first season on DVD from my friend (Andrea).

When the season first aired on television, I happened to catch the very first episode. I remember watching the first episode because it was shown on the plane when Karen and I were going to Hawaii a long long time ago. To be honest, I was not really impressed with the first episode. Of course, it may have been the fact that I was watching the episode on a tiny weeny screen.

It was not until recently that I decided to give the show another try. The show came up in conversation at my BFF's (Kerry) house because my friend (Garv) loves the show. Garv also talks glowingly about Taylor Swift, which is a little bizarre since he's almost twice her age. While Garv was talking about the show, however, it turned out that my friend (Andrea) and Kerry also enjoy the show. So I guess it couldn't have been that bad, right? For me, the selling point was that the show had high school cheerleaders.

High school cheerleading is like my kryptonite. I have no idea why, other than the fact that most of the time high school cheerleaders are generally gorgeous blondes in movies and television. Sadly, in reality (at least at my high school when I was in high school) the cheerleaders were not gorgeous, blonde, or cheerful for that matter.

Needless to say, I started watching season one of Friday Night Lights. And I must say, so far the show is pretty good. I'm enjoying it so far. (And in case anyone is curious, the cheerleader in the show... is not blonde.) Hopefully the rest of the season will be just as good.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban

oakleyses said...

north face jackets, nike roshe run, vans shoes, rolex watches, ugg boots, ugg boots clearance, north face outlet, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, ghd, canada goose jackets, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, herve leger, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, p90x, babyliss pro, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc, instyler, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ugg pas cher, beats by dre, mcm handbags, birkin bag, ugg australia, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, uggs, chi flat iron, ugg, bottega veneta, canada goose

chenmeinv0 said...

louis vuitton outlet
ray ban glasses
montblanc pen
canada goose jackets
true religion outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
moncler coats
fitflop shoes
michael kors outlet online
nhl jerseys cheap
201612.19chenjinyan