Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Suck At Hanging Out With Hot Amy

Today, I got to spend some quality time with my favorite girl: my daughter (Briana). In the morning, Karen had volunteered to help out with a fund-raising activity for the public library, leaving me to take care of Briana.

So what does one do during father-daughter bonding time? Well... not much. I wrote a few thank you letters because I've been running a little behind on those. It seems like just when I'm almost done, more thank you letters have to be written. Case in point: I had written a few today. I thought I was close to being done. But my friends (Cass and Ellen) stopped on by to drop off a present from a mutual friend of ours. It's not like it's a bad thing. It just seems like I'll never catch up at my snail mail pace.

Cass and Ellen did not stay long. They hung out for a little while to see Briana again before heading to DirectBuy and to the new BJs located in Quincy. As soon as they left, Karen returned from her fund-raising activity. From there, my parents, my cousin (Betty), and Betty's son (Marvin) came over for lunch. As usual, my mother was ecstatic to see Briana. She probably would have held her all day if she could.

It was the first time Betty and Marvin got to meet Briana. Betty and my mom even took Briana for a little walk around the neighborhood. While they were walking Briana, my father, Karen and I hung out with Marvin. I can't believe Marvin will be entering high school in September. I remember when he was born and how when he was a baby, Betty was taking him to Hong Kong. It's amazing how time flies.

Interestingly enough, Marvin runs track in middle school. Also interesting is that he runs the hurdles... an event that I ran in track. Maybe hurdling is in our genes? One of his favorite video games happens to be one of my favorite games too: Resident Evil 4. (Resident Evil 4 is awesome! It's a great game.)

Anyway, it was good to see Betty and Marvin (and my parents, of course) during lunch. And naturally, it being the weekend, the busyness never stops. Because shortly after Betty, Marvin, and my parents left, my friends (Jen, Hot Amy) and Hot Amy's fiance (Mark) came over.

Now, I suck at hanging out with Hot Amy. I feel like I haven't hung out with her in awhile. Apparently, she has been sick of late, which is never good when seeing newborn babies. And I'm sure if I were to remind her that she's always sick, she would probably tell me to shut it... even though it's true... Hot Amy is always sick. So like Betty, this was also Hot Amy's first time meeting Briana too.

Hot Amy, Mark, and Jen brought dinner from the Villa Rosa located in Quincy. As well, they brought an ice cream cake. I'm always a sucker for ice cream cake! So it was definitely a good meal. And of course, the three of them got to hold little Briana too. I think for Mark, it was his first time holding a baby... ever. Needless to say, it was fun hanging out.

Most of the discussion centered around Briana and Hot Amy/Mark's upcoming wedding. There is talks about having an ice luge at the reception, which I am all for. Karen and I even came up with a cool new idea: a chocolate martini fountain! I'll keep my fingers crossed. I think Jen wanted a big dance floor.

Following dinner, all of us got to see Jen's pictures from her trip to Egypt. The pictures made Egypt look amazing. I think it would be awesome to go there some day. Jen really looked like she had a great time.

And of course, since I was moved by finding out that Marvin ran hurdles earlier in the day, I subjected everyone to watching the Penn Relays on television. It just happened to be on. And as Jen and Karen could tell you, the Penn Relays were featured in an episode of the Cosby Show. Needless to say, Karen and I got to reminisce about the good old days when we used to run track. (Now, we'd both be sucking wind.) But I do miss those competitive days, especially when I watch Track and Field now. Sadly, the only competition I get now is from Hot Amy... and trust me, she's not much competition.

Anyway, it was a fun night. I had a good time. And as if the day came full circle, I got to end the night with my daughter, Briana. Granted, Briana pooped all over me... but it's okay. And when I say "pooped all over me", I literally mean it. While changing her diaper, she shot a laser beam of poop right at my hand. You wouldn't think that a lot of poop would come from such a tiny little peanut like my daughter, but it does. The projectile poop was definitely a first.

4 comments:

oakleyses said...

ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, air max, true religion jeans, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, air max, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, coach purses, louboutin, nike free, prada handbags, gucci outlet, longchamp handbags, christian louboutin, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

oakleyses said...

hollister, lululemon outlet online, true religion outlet, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, sac longchamp, polo lacoste, longchamp, timberland, air max, north face, nike air max, michael kors pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, air force, nike tn, nike free pas cher, sac hermes, air max, louis vuitton uk, nike roshe, nike roshe run, michael kors, nike free, mulberry, new balance pas cher, sac guess, air jordan, ray ban pas cher, louboutin, nike blazer, barbour, hollister, oakley pas cher, north face, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, polo ralph lauren, air max pas cher, ralph lauren, sac burberry, converse pas cher, michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike huarache, hogan outlet

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, nike roshe run, marc jacobs, canada goose jackets, new balance shoes, vans shoes, wedding dresses, ugg, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, ferragamo shoes, babyliss pro, abercrombie and fitch, beats by dre, instyler, ugg boots, hollister, mcm handbags, celine handbags, rolex watches, jimmy choo outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, north face outlet, herve leger, canada goose, nfl jerseys, chi flat iron, ugg pas cher, ghd, giuseppe zanotti, reebok outlet, ugg australia, asics running shoes, longchamp, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, ugg boots clearance, uggs, mont blanc, north face jackets, canada goose, mac cosmetics, p90x, valentino shoes, uggs outlet, canada goose, bottega veneta

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, air max, converse shoes, thomas sabo, iphone 6 cases, rolex watches, hollister, moncler, hollister clothing store, swarovski, canada goose, montre homme, gucci, supra shoes, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, toms shoes, moncler, parajumpers, baseball bats, timberland boots, ray ban, links of london, moncler, oakley, swarovski crystal, vans, lancel, air max, coach outlet store online, moncler, moncler outlet, ugg, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, ugg, converse, moncler, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet