Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Suck At Deadliest Warrior

Last night, my friends (Marc and Andrea) came over. My friend (Kelley) unfortunately could not make it. We have this on-going joke amongst our circle of friends for whenever a particular friend can not make a gathering. In the case of Kelley, we sometimes joke that she has the "Kelley Runs". I know, it's not the most visually appealing joke. (And for anyone curious, Kelley did not have the Kelley Runs last night.)

Anyway, it just so happened that Lost was a repeat yesterday. The episode was about Richard... complete with the useless pop up bubble information. We, however, did not watch Lost. Instead, we decided to have ourselves a night of Spike TV. Spike TV is simply another channel that is not public access. For the life of me, I still don't understand how my friend (Hot Amy) can only watch public access because the programming on those stations are god awful, but that's just my opinion. I am also starting to wonder if her sanitary engineering fiance (Mark) watches anything either. (Mark is not really a sanitation engineer... or is he?)

Regardless, Spike TV was airing an episode from the second season of the Deadliest Warrior. Now I suck at Deadliest Warrior. I find the show pretty enjoyable because it plays on intriguing "what if" scenarios. And to add a little geekiness to the show, there is a computer programmer who simulates the battle scenario between the two combatants due to some "scientific" data that is collected during the show.

Needless to say, in my warped little world, if I were to apply the concept of the show to my friends, the results would probably be my friend (James) as the deadliest male friend and my BFF (Kerry) as the deadliest female friend. Although with Kelley's running into battle with guns blazing combat style... she may stand a chance.

Anyway, it was the first time Andrea had watched an episode of the Deadliest Warrior. To prepare her for the show, we naturally watched a few UFC matches beforehand. Apparently, Andrea has never watched a UFC fight as well. I'm not sure if Andrea enjoyed watching the UFC bouts like my BFF. For Kerry, I think she enjoyed (very much so) watching a certain UFC fighter is his tight little spandex shorts.

Speaking of UFC, Marc and I had a brief discussion about whether we could do participate or not. Aside from my sensitive nose, which gushes blood with but a single glance, I'm not so sure I could (or would) do it. It's not the getting punched that I would be worried about. It's the grappling with a sweaty combatant that would deter me. I just wouldn't want my skin to come into contact with the skin of another sweaty guy.

On a side note, I almost forgot. Andrea brought these delicious chocolate covered pretzels last night. The chocolate covered pretzels were from Whole Foods. Now, I'm normally not one for pretzels because I find them more often than naught too dry for my taste. But cover them in milk chocolate... and yum! Needless to say, the chocolate covered pretzels from Whole Foods were delicious. (Cue Rachael Ray's "Yum-O" sound.) It's no wonder why Andrea has taken quite a liking to them.

All in all, it was good to hang out last night. Karen and I had missed seeing them the prior week, so it was good to catch up again. I had a lot of fun.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, air max, true religion jeans, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, air max, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, coach purses, louboutin, nike free, prada handbags, gucci outlet, longchamp handbags, christian louboutin, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

oakleyses said...

hollister, lululemon outlet online, true religion outlet, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, sac longchamp, polo lacoste, longchamp, timberland, air max, north face, nike air max, michael kors pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, air force, nike tn, nike free pas cher, sac hermes, air max, louis vuitton uk, nike roshe, nike roshe run, michael kors, nike free, mulberry, new balance pas cher, sac guess, air jordan, ray ban pas cher, louboutin, nike blazer, barbour, hollister, oakley pas cher, north face, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, polo ralph lauren, air max pas cher, ralph lauren, sac burberry, converse pas cher, michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike huarache, hogan outlet

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, nike roshe run, marc jacobs, canada goose jackets, new balance shoes, vans shoes, wedding dresses, ugg, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, ferragamo shoes, babyliss pro, abercrombie and fitch, beats by dre, instyler, ugg boots, hollister, mcm handbags, celine handbags, rolex watches, jimmy choo outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, north face outlet, herve leger, canada goose, nfl jerseys, chi flat iron, ugg pas cher, ghd, giuseppe zanotti, reebok outlet, ugg australia, asics running shoes, longchamp, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, ugg boots clearance, uggs, mont blanc, north face jackets, canada goose, mac cosmetics, p90x, valentino shoes, uggs outlet, canada goose, bottega veneta