Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Suck At Blogging

It's been about a week since my last post. So I guess it's official: I suck at blogging. Over the past week, I have simply found myself with very little time.

One week ago, my daughter (Briana) was born prematurely on the great holiday known as Evacuation Day (here in Massachusetts). The rest of the world knows that day better as St. Patrick's Day. It's the luck of the Irish!

Since that time, I have pretty much been... well... tired. When Karen was pregnant with Briana, she used to always tell me how tired she was. "I'm so tired..." "Mike, I'm so tired"... "You know Mike, I'm so tired." I now know what she's talking about. And the sad thing is, our daughter is not even home yet from the hospital.

While Briana has been at the hospital, I have been trying to multitask. Unfortunately, I think the lack of sleep is catching up to me. (Luckily for me, as I write this, I have a bunch of caffeine going through my system... thanks to good o' Mountain Dew. Do the Dew!)

Opting to save my vacation time for when Briana actually comes home, I decided to work during the hours that I am not at the hospital visiting Briana. The general schedule for the day is that in the early morning, Karen and I go to the hospital to spend some time with Briana. We both come home: Karen to nap and pump; me to work. From there, Karen and I return back to the hospital to spend more time with Briana. When we get back from the second visit, Karen pumps again while I finish the rest of my working day. It makes for a very long day that way.

Unfortunately, I think I am having trouble thinking clearly when it comes to work. I've been trying to diagnose the same application error for quite some time now. My boss thinks I should simply take a couple of days off or so to recharge my batteries. I may be inclined to agree.

So to quote my wife..."I'm so tired". I may need a ghost writer for this blog. I am hoping things will get a little easier once Briana does come home from the hospital. After all, the trips back and forth to the hospital will be gone... which means there will be more time... and time is really what I need right now.

The doctors are hopeful that Briana can come home in a couple of weeks. They have not given us a date yet, but things are looking good for Briana. Apparently, Briana has my appetite, which is good for a premature baby trying to pack on the pounds. She guzzles milk like there's no tomorrow.

And in case people are interested in seeing pictures of Briana, I did manage to create a photo album for her. The link is as follows:

http://picasaweb.google.com/yee.olde.english/Briana?feat=directlink

I have been trying to update the pictures periodically with each visit at the hospital. Unfortunately, sometimes the lighting is too dark in the nursery (because babies need to sleep after all).

As much as I would have liked to have taken a picture of it, I don't have any pictures of my first diaper change with Briana... or any baby for that matter. Originally, I was hoping to change my first diaper with my son (Braden). Unfortunately, since he passed away after only one week, I had to wait a little longer.

And I must say... changing diapers is an interesting experience. Baby poop is definitely not what I expected. As I had mentioned to a few friends of mine... imagine lifting a baby's legs and getting the bum to stick up in the air. Then imagine a volcano erupting. It's almost like that... except instead of hot molten lava... you get baby poop. It's really cool!

Anyway, fatherhood has been awesome. Even though I am thoroughly exhausted, I am digging it.

4 comments:

oakleyses said...

ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren, air max, true religion jeans, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, air max, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, coach purses, louboutin, nike free, prada handbags, gucci outlet, longchamp handbags, christian louboutin, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

oakleyses said...

hollister, lululemon outlet online, true religion outlet, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton, sac longchamp, polo lacoste, longchamp, timberland, air max, north face, nike air max, michael kors pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, air force, nike tn, nike free pas cher, sac hermes, air max, louis vuitton uk, nike roshe, nike roshe run, michael kors, nike free, mulberry, new balance pas cher, sac guess, air jordan, ray ban pas cher, louboutin, nike blazer, barbour, hollister, oakley pas cher, north face, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, vanessa bruno, polo ralph lauren, air max pas cher, ralph lauren, sac burberry, converse pas cher, michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, nike huarache, hogan outlet

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, nike roshe run, marc jacobs, canada goose jackets, new balance shoes, vans shoes, wedding dresses, ugg, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, ferragamo shoes, babyliss pro, abercrombie and fitch, beats by dre, instyler, ugg boots, hollister, mcm handbags, celine handbags, rolex watches, jimmy choo outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, north face outlet, herve leger, canada goose, nfl jerseys, chi flat iron, ugg pas cher, ghd, giuseppe zanotti, reebok outlet, ugg australia, asics running shoes, longchamp, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, ugg boots clearance, uggs, mont blanc, north face jackets, canada goose, mac cosmetics, p90x, valentino shoes, uggs outlet, canada goose, bottega veneta

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, air max, converse shoes, thomas sabo, iphone 6 cases, rolex watches, hollister, moncler, hollister clothing store, swarovski, canada goose, montre homme, gucci, supra shoes, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, toms shoes, moncler, parajumpers, baseball bats, timberland boots, ray ban, links of london, moncler, oakley, swarovski crystal, vans, lancel, air max, coach outlet store online, moncler, moncler outlet, ugg, juicy couture outlet, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, ugg, converse, moncler, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet