Saturday, January 12, 2013

I Suck At Painting

Only I can get hurt while painting. I suck at painting. I suppose in my defense, I wasn't painting at the time when I got hurt. I was actually cleaning up from painting when I took a header off my back porch.

The header was not intentional of course. Since the new year, Karen and I have been tackling some home improvement projects. After all, I finally purchased an air compressor and a set of nail guns to use... after talking about it for years upon years. Granted, I have yet to use the aforementioned nail gun and compressor because I have yet to get to that part of the checklist for the home improvement projects. But it's coming... and now I'm prepared.

Regardless, Karen and I have been focusing on our back mudroom area. Our back mudroom, which is off of our kitchen, has been in a sad state for probably close to if not over ten years. It was one of the first areas of the house that we started to work on because, at the time when we had purchase our house, the back mudroom had a sliver of a door that no one could possible fit through that led to a green tiled bathroom. (For anyone curious, we moved the door from back mudroom to the kitchen... and renovated the bathroom thanks to the help of some of our friends.)

Unfortunately, with all of the other renovations that Karen and I have done to our current place, the back mudroom has remained unfinished. It still had compound on the walls, etc. It was the only room that we never made pretty. That is, until recently.

Well, the room is still not "pretty", but it's a lot closer now to being finished than it has been in quite some time. I spent a few nights sanding the joint compound. I installed some molding to replace the dark existing molding. And as of today, Karen and I painted the room. Of course, Karen did most of the painting because... I suck at painting.

I actually don't think I'm that bad at painting. I just don't like doing it. I'd rather be using a power tool of some sort. And as a mental note, use angled brushes. Angled brushes are great for corners. I wish I knew that earlier when I painted some of the other rooms.

Anyway, the back mudroom, in my opinion, looks a lot better with a new coat of paint. It's amazing what paint does to a room. There is still a lot to do for the back mudroom, but at least it looks a lot better than it did.

Oh, as for my header... I'm sure it must have looked quite comical had someone been watching me. I was cleaning some tools on our back porch that leads to the mudroom. As I went down the stairs carrying a bag of trash, I just slipped and down I went. Apparently, our porch was a little slick from the rain... or something. I actually think I left a mark on the porch where my sneakers slid off the stairs.

I'm okay. I just have a scrape from my elbow to my wrist on my arm. I think this is a sign that I shouldn't clean up after home improvement projects. We'll see how tomorrow goes when I'm supposed to install the floor for the back mudroom.

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban