Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Suck At Hotel Transylvania

On Sunday, Karen and I took my nephew (PJ) out for his birthday. For several years now, Karen and I have take our niece (Kaleigh) and nephew out for their respective birthdays instead of giving them material gifts. After all, there's only so much collective junk that a kid can get at such a young age, right? And it just so happens that Sunday was the day for PJ.

Incidentally, my favorite sister-in-law (Janine) wanted to do the same thing for our daughter (Briana). Let's just say, I think that plan may be on hold since Briana's birthday was back in March... and it's now October.

Anyway, PJ wanted to watch the movie, Hotel Transylvania in 3-D for his birthday. Now, I suck at Hotel Transylvania. For Karen, it was her first time watching a movie in 3-D. And I must say, I thought the movie was cute. In fact, I would say the film is definitely one of Adam Sandler's better movies, which isn't saying too much considering Adam Sandler's recent string of movies. Needless to say, Hotel Transylvania was an enjoyable movie.

From there, we headed over to the nearby Hanover mall to feed PJ's addiction to "the claw". For some reason, PJ is addicted to claw machines. For anyone curious, he did not win anything from the claw machine. He would have gone to the arcade at the mall too, were it not for the fact that he had an ice cream in his hand. The arcade at the mall does not allow food or drinks.

I was quite surprised that PJ was actually willing to dump his hardly eaten ice cream just to go to the arcade. To me, that is such a wasteful mindset. Hingham (shake fist). Needless to say, we did not go to the arcade.

Anyway, following the mall, we ended up back at our house where Janine and Kaleigh were watching Briana and our seven month old daughter (Bridget). They ended up staying for dinner too... a nice home-made dinner (hint Karlene... just kidding).

It was quite fun as we watched a few video clips on YouTube on our smart television. It turns out Kaleigh is into One Direction. In fact, she seems to know a lot of pop music these days. They grow up so quickly. Regardless, it was a nice time and I think PJ enjoyed the day even if he didn't win anything at the claw machine or go to the arcade. Perhaps next year.