Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Suck At Veet

Today is feminine hygiene day, or at least it is if you happen to me. In an experiment to use coupons to save a boat load of moolah, I went to Rite Aid. As luck would have it, I had a $3 off a $15 purchase at Rite Aid, thanks to partaking in an online survey on a prior Rite Aid receipt.

So naturally, my goal was to buy just enough over the $15 mark to get the maximum saving. This week, certain feminine hygiene products are on sale for 2/$5. Thankfully, there is an online coupon for $1 off of 1 Carefree product.

For anyone curious, users are allowed to print 2 online coupons per item per computer. Because I am a tech geek, I have more than one computer. Consequently, I ended up printing 4 Carefree coupons.

I probably could have printed 6 coupons, but buying a quantity of 6 Carefree pads was overkill. Karen and I (although most likely Karen) would have to find some creative uses for that many pads.

As it was, I thought a quantity of 4 seemed like a lot. Consequently, I needed something else to get my order over $15. Enter Veet. Now, I suck at Veet. Naturally, Karen thought I was absolutely bonkers for even thinking about getting the hair removing product. Incidentally, "depilatory" was never in my vocabulary until now.

To me, Veet served as a means to an end. Rite Aid has an in-ad coupon for $2. There also happens to a $3 coupon for any Veet product compliments of Facebook. (I guess that is one of the few benefits of Facebook.) Although the price varies depending on the Veet product, I was able to find the cheapest Veet product: wax strips, which retailed for $4.49. At that price (including tax), and with the two coupons, I actually would get paid to buy that item.

So, throw in a candy bar or two (because the candy bar was buy one get one free this week), and I was able to get my purchase just over $15. When all was said and done, I paid a handful of change for my entire order. The actual final price came to a little over $3, but I had $3 in rewards to use. Hence, change.

And if you are curious, I also made $5 in loyalty rewards from the purchase. So I like to think that the $3 rewards that I put in to purchasing all those items was returned with $2 extra. Not bad if I do say so myself.

The associate at Rite Aid was amazed at my purchase, although she was probably more amazed that I bought the feminine products than the actual savings. She did say that my wife was "one lucky girl", because she said her husband would never have done that. As a side note, I had no idea there were so many types of pads. As well, pads are tax-free in the state of Massachusetts... another interesting note.

Anyway, so now I am a proud owner of Veet wax strips, a product that I will never use. Add that to my growing number of useless items (like the Got2B mousse). I will have my stockpile of useless items in no time. I will need to figure out how to pawn these items off onto my friends... although asking my female friends if they need to wax may be a little difficult...

4 comments:

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban

oakleyses said...

north face jackets, nike roshe run, vans shoes, rolex watches, ugg boots, ugg boots clearance, north face outlet, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, ghd, canada goose jackets, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, herve leger, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, p90x, babyliss pro, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc, instyler, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ugg pas cher, beats by dre, mcm handbags, birkin bag, ugg australia, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, uggs, chi flat iron, ugg, bottega veneta, canada goose