Monday, November 29, 2010

I Suck At Parades

Yesterday, Quincy had its annual Christmas parade. The city of Quincy annually has a Christmas parade the Sunday after Thanksgiving. And for anyone who knows me, they know that I am not a big fan of parades. In fact, I suck at parades.

I try to avoid parades as much as I can. Unfortunately, this year the baby clause took effect. Karen was going to bring our baby daughter (Briana) to this year's Christmas parade in Quincy whether I attended or not. Karen, after all, loves parades.

Naturally, I did not want to miss my daughter's first parade. And so, I begrudgingly attended. Besides, I think Karen's mother was looking forward to seeing us for the parade. Granted, she was probably looking forward to seeing Briana more than us. Karen and I just happened to be the means of transportation in getting Briana down to Quincy.

Needless to say, it was an interesting parade. Joining our little group of parade watchers were Karen's mother, our friends (Jen, Bill, Carlos, and Hot Amy), my BFF (Kerry), Hot Amy's fiance (Mark), and Jen and Bill's parents. For me, the best part of the parade were the bagpipers (because I seem to like all things Irish) and the majestic clydesdale horses.

Karen seems to think that Briana enjoyed the parade a lot. For awhile, Briana was bouncing up and down on Karen's lap watching the parade. I, of course, disagreed with Karen because shortly thereafter Briana ended up falling asleep on my lap during the parade... despite the loud sirens and whatnot. So the verdict is still out on Briana's stance on parades.

It was also good to see Jen, Bill, Carlos and Hot Amy. Wake aside, I had not seen any of them in quite a long time. So it was nice to see them again.

Speaking of Jen and Bill, following the parade we headed back to their place for a cookie swap. I have never done a cookie swap before. As it turns out, neither had Karen. Luckily, I had enough time on Sunday morning to bake some cookies. Based on the available ingredients that I had in the house, I ended up making soft raisin cookies. And thanks to the internet, I got the recipe online.

It was actually fun to bake the cookies. I actually do like to bake. I just never have a particular reason to bake. Thankfully, Jen came up with the idea this year. Granted, my baking is not as good as my friend (Kelley), whose chocolate chip cookies I absolutely love.

Interestingly enough, Kelley and my friend (Marc) did stop by Jen and Bill's. Sadly, there were no chocolate chip cookies from Kelley. I think the cookie swap was a fun idea. I suppose it's not surprising since I also enjoy the idea of potlucks.

Anyway, it was good to hang out after the parade and catch up on things. And I can successfully say that I sampled all of the cookies. Sure, I was quite full afterwards, but I sampled them all nonetheless.

Later that night, Karen and I did something that we have not done in awhile. We watched a movie together. That movie: Leap Year.

(The video below is a trailer for Leap Year.)


The movie, starring Amy Adams, is a romantic comedy about a woman who travels to Ireland to propose to her boyfriend on leap day (February 29). Apparently, there is an Irish tradition whereby a man must accept a wedding proposal when asked on leap day. Needless to say, her plans go awry.

Although Karen had already seen the movie before, I figured that the movie would be a good date night movie to watch together. And naturally, because I like all things Irish, I figured the movie could not be all that bad. And truth be told, I did enjoy the movie despite the predictability. All in all, it was a good way to end the night.

4 comments:

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike free, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, chanel handbags, air max, coach outlet store online, coach purses, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, air max, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, jordan shoes, nike free, prada outlet, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, burberry outlet, air max, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, kate spade outlet, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes

oakleyses said...

montre homme, air max, juicy couture outlet, moncler, iphone 6 cases, hollister, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, air max, moncler, vans, swarovski, moncler, parajumpers, timberland boots, rolex watches, oakley, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, ralph lauren, pandora jewelry, lancel, wedding dresses, moncler, baseball bats, louis vuitton, toms shoes, converse, converse shoes, louboutin, canada goose, canada goose, supra shoes, hollister, ugg, karen millen, ugg, thomas sabo, moncler, links of london, gucci, moncler, coach outlet store online, pandora charms, moncler outlet, ray ban

oakleyses said...

north face jackets, nike roshe run, vans shoes, rolex watches, ugg boots, ugg boots clearance, north face outlet, canada goose, jimmy choo outlet, ghd, canada goose jackets, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, lululemon outlet, herve leger, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, p90x, babyliss pro, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, marc jacobs, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc, instyler, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, ugg pas cher, beats by dre, mcm handbags, birkin bag, ugg australia, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, uggs, chi flat iron, ugg, bottega veneta, canada goose