Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Suck At Matchmaking

a couple of days ago, i contacted my friend angela. angela is the sister of aimee, who i have known since childhood. so, we are all practically family. (i used to call them pretending to be dr. ruth... long story) anyway, in true dr. ruth fashion, i had inquired about angela's relationship status. (she's single for those who are interested).

the reason i had inquired about her relationship status was because one of coworkers (sean) saw her photo on my facebook account and told me that she was pretty cute. when sean told me that, i had to do a double take... not because i think angela is fugly or anything. i've just known angela for a long time. like i said, she's practically family. it should probably be noted that my coworker, sean, has a thing for asian women... in that he loves asian women. well, he actually loves women in general. he also thought hot amy was pretty attractive too when he saw her at my company's holiday party. so i guess even sean couldn't resist the legend and mystique of hot amy... and really, who can?

anyway, that's beside the point. needless to say, when i asked angela if she were single, angela became a bit curious. so, i explained to her the entire story about how my coworker (sean) thought she was cute. it was like middle school all over again. for the record, i suck at matchmaking. my friend (kerry) can probably tell you that too as i had tried to set her up once with another coworker (brad). brad was a good looking guy.

well, angela probed me for some information about sean. the best i could come up with was that he had ungodly strength, to which angela chuckled. sean is ungodly strong. he could pick me up with ease (which he actually has). i also said he was tall, had a demented sense of humor (more demented than mine), and likes guns. i don't think either of those traits sold sean to angela. but i must have done something right (or maybe it's the fact that angela felt pity for me), because angela did say she would go out on one date with him... just one.

now comes the hard part of whether or not i should tell sean... see, i told you how so middle school this whole thing is...

4 comments: